Jon, I have a VO Constructeur rear rack on my Bleriot.  Depending on fit, you
may or may not have to cut the bottom struts, as someone else here has
mentioned.  Since your Sam is 700c, the bottom hole may work, then no cutting.
The steel is hard, but you should only need a hacksaw with a good blade to cut
straight across.  A file can be used to clean up the corners of the cut.  Of
course, something to hold the piece tight, like a vice, would help.  Do you
know anyone with a workbench or basic shop?  Once installed, these racks seem
very solid; I've been pleased with mine.  Good luck, Steve