Hi all,

I am very lucky to live near my place of employment. Depending on the
route, I ride 4 to 8 miles to work, and this takes about 20 to 40 minutes.
 That short time brings me great joy.  One of my colleagues saw me leaving
in my suit and was amazed.  "You ride in that?", he pondered.  I responded
that in many places in the world people just ride in their work apparel.
Being from India, he agreed.

I use my Rivendell Rambouillet on most days.  I have the rear bag that was
named after some character from a cowboy show.  It is the perfect size for
everything I need to bring to work.  In these dog days of summer in
northeast NJ, I ride my Redline Monocog 29er outfitted with a Thule Pack
and Pedal Rack as there are no eyelets on the bike for a rack, and it too
is a convenient system for me.  (The single speed bicycle naturally slows
me down on these hot days.  No need to exhaust myself into a sweaty mess,)

I absolutely enjoy these short rides.  I watch a video of the CEO from Trek
giving a presentation on "active transportation".  I cannot recall the
exact statistics, but the majority of trips taken by Americans are within 3
to 5 miles from home.  Why not ride a bike?  Sound advice.

Yes, I embrace my short rides.

Kindest regards,

Jay
Demarest, NJ