If you regularly use 2 or 3 bottles it eliminates the Cheviot to me.
Yes, you carry water in a bag, but then you're taking up finite bag space
with something that ought to be stored on the frame. People buy bags to
carry other things, not water. One bottle mount was expected in the 70's
but it's 2016. Adding bottle mounts after the fact is for hackers. I've
never heard anyone say "Hey I just bought a $1300 frame and it only has one
bottle mount, how minimalistic cool is that !".  Ahahahahahaha.  I'm sure
Riv has a reason for just one but regardless it will never make sense to
make a bike these days with only 1 mount, especially since it's advertised
as being tour capable. It ought to at least have a second under the DT.

  That's a good ol' rant for don't skimp on the basic necessities.