Mark's trailer idea is brilliant! It overcomes most all logistical
challenges that could otherwise be barriers to ride, namely "what to do
with a new kid's gear?". How many parents are going to buy a Isla or Cleary
bike, figure out a rack system, including panniers. Yeah, I know. I rode
the 1 mile to elementary, 2 miles to jr. high, then 4 to high school
growing up and I just strapped everything on my MTB rack (talk about a
heavy Diamondback beast!). But without a barrier to ride, more kids are in,
drivers become more aware, and more kids are riding a bike for fun and
getting somewhere.

With abandon,
Patrick