Roadie Ryan

You probably should not count on any contemporary brakes working on your
schwinn passage.  Canti-post placement for TINY cantilevers like the Dia
Compe 960 is far different from canti-post placement for modern brakes.  In
fact if you do an image search on Google for "dia compe 960" a lot of what
you will see is photos of people trying to 'update' their brakes from dia
compe 960 and failing.  I think those tiny cantilevers are super cute.  Use
new salmon pads and do your best.

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA