Sorry. Yes looked at the wrong number. It's compatible with
RD-7700 & RD-7400 derailleurs.

Model SL BS77.



~Hugh

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep
moving.” ― Albert Einstein

http://velocipeedemusings.com/



On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 10:50 AM, Bill Lindsay <tapebu...@gmail.com> wrote:

>
>
> On Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 10:35:55 AM UTC-7, Hugh Smitham wrote:
>>
>> Bill,
>>
>> 1. RD 7700 9 & 8 speed.
>>
>
> RD7700 is a rear derailer model, not a shiftlever model.  Maybe you have
> the BS77 shifters?
>
> When you say 9 & 8 speed, what do you mean.  Are you referring to the fact
> that the BS77 shifters are intended to be compatible with an RD7700 rear
> derailer in a nine speed application, or an RD7400 rear derailer in an
> eight speed application?  Or are you referring to the RD7700 derailer being
> applicable for both 8sp and 9sp setups?  Or are you saying you do cassette
> swaps or wheel swaps and use both 8sp and 9sp cassettes on this bike with
> the same rear der and shifters?
>
>
>> 2. Middle of the range skips two clicks.
>>
>
> OK so you are in the smallest cog.  Lets call that position 9.  You click
> from position 9 to 8, and the derailer shifts.  You click from 8 to 7, and
> it works.  You click from 7 to 6 and it works.  Now you are in the middle,
> and 6 to 5 is not going to work.  What doesn't work?  You said 'skips two
> clicks'.  You mean that the shifter has no clicks, and acts like a friction
> shifter from 6 to 5, and continues to move like a friction shifter from 5
> to 4.  Those two clicks are 'skipped' in the shifter.  Then from 4 to 3,
> the clicks reappear, and click properly all the way to position 1.  Is this
> what you are describing?
>
> Or do you mean the shifter does click from 6 to 5 and from 5 to 4, but
> those two gears are skipping when you pedal in those gears?  Is that what
> you are describing?
>
> Bill Lindsay
> El Cerrito, CA
>
>>
>> Have not yet bought a new set.
>>
>> ~Hugh
>>
>> “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep
>> moving.” ― Albert Einstein
>>
>> http://velocipeedemusings.com/
>>
>>
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 10:06 AM, Bill Lindsay <tape...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Jeremy is right.
>>>
>>> I will add that the chrome washer piece http://www.rivbike.com/p
>>> roduct-p/sh21space.htm is not a wear item, doesn't have anything
>>> directly to do with indexing, and is not plastic.
>>>
>>> Hugh indicated to me offline that he's already ordered new shifters.
>>> Mail the old right side shifter to me and I'll tell you whether it's shot.
>>> If it's shot, it is not repairable.  Or, maybe I will re-ask the two very
>>> direct and explicit questions that I asked in my first response on this
>>> thread:
>>>
>>>
>>> 1.  What model exactly is your shifter?
>>> 2.  exactly which index positions are missed?
>>>
>>> Bill Lindsay
>>> El Cerrito, CA
>>>
>>>
>>>>>> --
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
>>> Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/to
>>> pic/rbw-owners-bunch/Wz8uc5aFq0s/unsubscribe.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
>>> rbw-owners-bun...@googlegroups.com.
>>> To post to this group, send email to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com.
>>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/rbw-owners-bunch.
>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>>
>>
>> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
> Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group.
> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/
> topic/rbw-owners-bunch/Wz8uc5aFq0s/unsubscribe.
> To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
> rbw-owners-bunch+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> To post to this group, send email to rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/rbw-owners-bunch.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW 
Owners Bunch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to rbw-owners-bunch+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/rbw-owners-bunch.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to