Patrick Moore said: "IIRC (my Sam Hill was an earlier model), the Sam can't fit
tires much fatter."

I run 42 mm Soma Shikoros on my '09 (canti) Sam, and could likely do so with
fenders, though I haven't tried. I have also tried 47 mm Marathons without
issue. Other folks even run 50 mm Big Bens, though I don't think they actually
measure at 50 mm, and the clearance gets a bit sketchy. Anyway, my point being,
if 10 mm is significant, which to me it is, then the Sam (at least the canti
version) has significantly more clearance.

Bob K. in Baltimore