To address a few questions, I have a set of Ergon grips on the one bike.
It had to be trimmed and I bought it used that way.  The grip feels nice.
On the other I removed the original grips from the start and put on Oury
grips.  Like them too.  I replaced the saddles and put on Brooks B-17s.  As
far as lights I have various rechargeable lights that I attach when
needed.  I just move these lights among my other bikes and the Brompton is
no different.  I bought a zippered cover bag (can be found on eBay) just
for storage and when I put it in the car just to keep things neat and tidy.
\
I love my Bromptons and actually enjoy the ride.