I wish I could get my mitts on a Jones Plus for a test ride! I love my
new-to-me Krampus, but I can't help but feel like the Jones is my grail
bike. I keep hearing and reading that it essentially defies categorization
in all the right ways. I also hear that it's fantastic for long rides, on
or off road. Daniel's report definitely seems to lend some backbone to all
of the praise.

On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 12:40 PM, Clayton.sf <clayton...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday, December 16, 2016 at 6:31:19 PM UTC-8, Tony DeFilippo wrote:
>>
>> Clayton and Daniel - thanks! Both of your responses just make me want to
>> get out and test ride a Jones sometime soon... I found a semi-local shop
>> that actually has a diamond frame for rent so I think i'll be able to make
>> that happen in the somewhat near future. Daniel your notes about Grant's
>> geographical influence in the design of the Hunq (and other bikes) is
>> interesting and lines up with my experience with my Bombadil.  Both it and
>> the Saluki are perfect for the C&O Towpath and both are awesome underbiking
>> on singletrack.  And I have plenty to learn from going slower and picking
>> my lines carefully so it's not really a limitation.
>>
>> Clayton your 4 bike stable seems aligned perfectly to my own mental image
>> of a great 4 bike spread!  Funny b/c I haven't ridden any of the 4 bikes,
>> bike tinkering lives in my head as much as in my time in the saddle I
>> suppose.  Still it seems like a clear division of riding styles in your
>> choices.  If I became enamored enough of the Jones it would force me to
>> make a tough decision between the Saluki and Bombadil, much as I like the
>> idea of N+4+1 I think for me 2-3 bikes plus the tandem is the right number.
>>

> I am always surprised at how far I can press I bike into dirt service. Was
> riding fire roads single track (no jumps) on the fixed gear the other day
> and it worked just fine with 30mm tires. That said, the Jones is a very
> special bike. It rides very different from how you'd expect it to given the
> looks.

Bob
443 278 4265
http://www.smallsur.com