I'll jump in here. I have ridden the Jones Plus for 18 months and a Krampus for
an afternoon. There is no comparison. The Jones' handling is fast and nimble.
It climbs like no other bike. The Jones has numerous design features that work
together for its unique (to me) handling. The shallow head angle, 67.5 degrees,
and very long rake, 76mm, create geometric trail in the mid 70s. The Krampus
has a slackish HA at 69 degrees but uses a more traditional rake of 47mm
(because big rake requires a radically new, or very old, fork design) that
creates a very sluggish 100mm of geometric trail. The 'upright and back' rider
position also adds to the Jones' nimbleness.

Then the rear end; the Jones chainstays are 19 inches, the Krampus 17.1 inches.
I personally am DONE with short CSs. The longer CSs help me keep the front end
down during steep climbs.

The far out front wheel and the far back rear wheel make for a large sweet spot
for climbing, and security for steep descents. I agree with Daniel, the Jones
is in a different league than the Krampus. I love Surly's but not for 29er Plus
design, yet.

Joe in GJT