When I am on my Sam, I truly love this bike. It does everything I want a
bike to do. I consider this my do everything bike from commuting to fun
rides, With Hetres, the ride is sublime. With the Marathons, the ride feels
solid.

It's when I am off the bike and I have to look at it, that I have my
reservations. I just can't get over the sloping top tube. To me, it is just
plain wrong. This is just personal preference but a classic steel lugged
bike should not have a sloping top tube.

Outside of that one aesthetic, I have no problem with recommending this
bike.