On Thursday, March 30, 2017 at 10:29:46 AM UTC-4, Jim S. wrote:

> I have been reading a new book that might be of interest to group members:
> *The
> Revenge of Analog *by David Sax. So far, the author has discussed the
> revival of vinyl records just when it appeared that the MP3 had conquered
> vinyl forever. I think he's going to take it to other areas as well.
>
> I see parallels between a preference for vinyl records and a preference
> for friction shifting, among other things. (It could be that I just spend
> too much time thinking about bikes.)

As a member of gen/x millenial, whatever, I agree with Ray. See what Vinyl
did for me is taught me to take my damn thumb off the skip button. In the
same way a fixed gear forces you to work a single gear to its fullest
potential the inconvenience of searching for a track on a record taught me
to just listen to the whole damn thing.