Drew, I ride my Bombadil pretty much 99 percent on road as I simply don't have
any bike trails around my home, just mostly brutal not frequently used atv
paths. I prefer road riding anyways, it's not so jarring(usually !). I also
have nice custom sport touring bike with 35mm tires that rides smoother(thx
Reynolds 531ST), but it is not any "faster" than my Bomba with the 38-42mm
tires I ride with. It would not matter even if was percieved as "faster" since
I ride slow and slower anyways. If I had to have one bike I would keep the
Bombadil simply because I feel so darn "united" within it, for lack of a better
way to put it. I am perfectly "centered" within the bike, unlike most any bike
I have ever owned or ridden where the front-center was never long enough, the
head tube high enough, and bb height low enough.

I never was very much into keeping with the Jonses anyways even when I could,
ahahahaha ! Riding to me is very much just like surfing, no one to keep up with
and nothing to overcome, just being in the flow of the moment.