On Sun, 2010-01-24 at 07:47 -0800, Mike wrote:
> As Steve mentioned, a Carradice bag might be an excellent way to go.
> Sure, the load rides a bit higher but you don't need a rack to use a
> Carradice bag, even a bigger one like a Nelson LF. And remember, if
> you haven't considered this, put on some thicker tires, say 700x35 and
> the bike should handle the load fine.

We don't know how heavy the OP is.  When I had my Rambouillet, I weighed
220 lb.  I routinely carried 5 lb in a Carradice whenever I rode it.
The weight was unnoticeable.  So if the OP weighs 175-185, he could
carry everything for a 10 day tour and still come in lighter than I was
just going for a 50 mile club ride.

Grant is, IMHO, extremly conservative in rating this bike as suitable
for <= 20 lb load.  The frame is stiffer than on the Jack Taylor
Supertourist, one of the finest touring bikes of the 1970s.