Ryan Fleming mused:

"Maybe you guys and gals have some tips for schlepping step throughs up and
down stairs...kinda dumb, I know. But the garage is NOT an option for my
Rivendells , and I live in a pretty decent neighborhood  but shit happens
as we all know. "

For bikes that lack a diamond frame, or for any reason prevent you from
doing a 'top-tube-on-the-shoulder" portage, I've had some success with
"saddle-nose-on-the-shoulder".  The balance point is similar.  Some saddle
models cause some discomfort, particularly if the bike is more like 40 lbs
with bags and such.

BL in EC