Clem L goes electric.
"Judas!"
(Grant will get that one)

I did the deed today and it's fabulous. Honestly it's kind of ridiculous how
well this Riv model accepts and works with a mid-drive kit; it's smooth and
stable enough to handle the extra weight and speed, and it still turns and
stops really well (changing my mind about thinking I need discs). The black kit
even "hides" well with this color and the battery in the TrunkSack. I know it's
not everyone's cup o' joe, but boy did I appreciate the assist in that killer
headwind on the way back from Benicia to Vallejo this evening. (Hi to the guy
on the root beer Roadeo at Benicia State Park!)

The last pic isn't lit well, but I wanted to show something I'd never thought
of until I owned a step-through..check out the water bottle access. I've never
been good at grabbing a bottle while pedaling a diamond frame with upright bars
(too far away), but this design puts it way up there in front of you. Nice!

I tend to buy and sell bikes without getting too attached to them, but I think
I'm going to keep this one. It's beautiful, does the things I need it to do,
and it just fits me. Which brings me to a thought about my (now sold to a happy
rider) Appaloosa that hadn't really sunk in until today: It was also beautiful
and I loved the ride, but there was always a nagging sense that it was meant to
be ridden more and harder than I was up to, like buying a Honda Goldwing
touring motorcycle and riding it to 7-Eleven. It wasn't really ME, and Clem L
is. Which is probably weird, but that's ok! Thanks for humoring me and looking
at my new bike.

https://goo.gl/photos/J5Y4fDycfG896hNP9