One of the non-Riv bikes we sell comes standard with clips and straps
(we should really take them off). Last Summer a guy came in to test
one, so I aired up the tires, offered a helmet (declined), and away he
went. When he returned, both he and the bike were scraped up.
Apparently, the TC got caught in the fender, and he went down. I
really can't imagine what maneuver he was trying to execute (track
stand?), and on the 50 or so times I've ridden one of those bikes, I
never noticed a TCO issue or experienced anything remotely resembling
a TCO difficulty.