New to the forum and just have to say I love this post, particularly the
section about your dog. I read it out loud to my wife and we both cried.

I have two dogs, one of which is an 11-year-old Yorkshire Terrier named
Guinness. He had surgery for luxating patella on both knees when he was
very young. He is still very spry, but my wife and I can tell he is
starting to get achy.He will just come to a stop in the middle of a walk.
When that happens, we just pick him up and carry him home. At 12 lbs, that
is doable.

 I am dreading the day when he is in too much pain to walk. I love your
solution particularly since it obviously gave  him some relief. We have a
mini doggyride trailer that converts to a stroller.We got it years ago when
he was having his knee surgeries. At least we are ready to go when it
becomes too much for him to walk at all.

Thanks again for the story and the pictures. I hope your dog continues to
feel better.

Best,

Ty Smith
San Mateo,CA

Here are Guinness and Penny in the trailer doing a test-run on my Xtracycle:

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-hAxdOMGL_U0/WgIILEirXcI/AAAAAAAADwU/fq7OIebfB4oFXSv4GsCUAsYPFSY6UmmlwCLcBGAs/s1600/IMG_2315.JPG>

Here they are posing in front of it out near the Facebook campus.

 Guinness is closer to the bike.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-FDAk8ny6n_U/WgINEYbBZaI/AAAAAAAADwk/hNQ0BpSzghg8_vger59hO5oCqzYItHLhACLcBGAs/s1600/IMG_3522.JPG>