I'll second Benz's point. You'd be surprised how visible a fork mounted
light is to cars. I know it doesn't seem like it would be. I had the same
thought myself with my Brompton. I have my Edelux on the fork right above
the fender and I usually have a Carradice bag right on top. Though it
lights up the road fine, I was worried cars weren't seeing it coming from
the opposite direction. I tested it by riding toward a large office
building with mirrored windows. I could definitely see the light right up
until I got right to it. And my riding position puts my eye level pretty
close to where a car driver would. The only time someone oncoming wouldn't
see it would be a very large semi-truck or bus, and even they would see it
until they got very close.

However, I also agree with Bill. Don't count on your headlight. Ankle
reflectors are good. I have reflective stickers all over my helmet and I
wear a ProViz vest.
<https://www.provizsports.com/en-gb/switch-mens-cycling-gilet-yellow-reflective.html>
 Side
note: Highly recommend this. At night, it can be seen for a LOOONG way when
a headlight hits it. I also have a light on my helmet. Partially to look at
signs or down at a map, but mainly to look directly at a car that's about
to cut me off.

Ty