I have a 59cm Clem which I'm 95% certain shares the same fork as the 29er
hunqs.  I use a 32f front rack and Shimano XT T780 v-brakes, and it works.
It is a very tight fit: the boot on the brake cable is very close to the
center strut of the rack, but the cable itself does not touch or have any
issues.  I don't think fenders would present any issue with this setup,
however, since the brake cable is above the bottom of the fork crown.

YMMV; as others have pointed out, different V-brakes have varying arm
lengths.