On Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 11:32:24 AM UTC-6, Eric Karnes wrote:

> Hi all-
>
> I have a question about the fit of supple tires and the way they fit on
> rims.
>
>  Compass Snoqualmie Passes on Sun C-18s (700c). Both tires are so tight to
> the rim they're very difficult to get off and damned near impossible to get
> back on.

Another few data points ... Rat Trap Pass tires on Sun CR18 26" rims are
excessively tight, Stampede Pass on Mavic MA2 700c rims are extremely
tight, and Grand Bois Cerf blue 700c tires on Fir rims (not sure model) are
absurdly tight. On the other hand,  Rat Trap Pass on the Velocity deep V
rims on my CoMotion tandem are a bit loose, and Chinook Pass and Stampede
Pass on DT TK540 rims are just right.

My experience has been that it's primarily the rims that appear to have the
variance. My Sun 26" rims are tight with most tires I've tried on them,
ditto for the MA2 and Fir rims.

Ted Durant
Milwaukee WI