I was in a similar situation: I have a Joe and was looking for "something
else" to complement it. I ended up getting a Roadini instead of the Sam
since I thought there was too much overlap between the Sam and the Joe. (To
be fair, I haven't ridden the Sam.) I peeked at the Roadeo but don't ride
often enough to justify the cost difference. As others have said, setup is
everything so I purpose built each for the job: Joe is an upright
tourer/townie (racks, fenders, dynamo lights) and Leo is a drop bar
meanderer. I live in the city so all my riding is asphalt, with road
quality and traffic being the biggest variables.

As expected, efficiency is the most notable difference with the two (duh).
I say "efficiency" since as an old fart I don't go much faster on the
Roadini, but I can definitely go further and hills are much easier to
tackle. Both are fun to ride in their own Rivendell way, and the Roadini
"just for fun" is a nice change of pace from put-putting around on the Joe.
The ride position makes a difference to me as well as I prefer the Joe when
playing in traffic while I would rather ride the Roadini on dedicated paths
or on not-so-busy streets.

Note that I did find the skinny tires (Paselas) on the Roadini a little
jarring, at least compared to the 50mm Marathons on the Joe, so I bit the
bullet and got Compass 32mm tire. That helped out a lot. I'm still messing
with other setup things on the Roadini, but I'm definitely happy with it as
an alternative to the Joe which I can just grab and ride.

--Ed C.