Dave,

Agreed on everything you said... We do vote with our dollars.  When and
where we spend our dollars equates in its way to, we vote for more of that,
and unfortunately, in the zero-sum sense, we vote for less of whatever we
did not choose.  If money did fall from the sky, there are several custom
builders (known and unknown) that I would be talking with.  Until then,
though, the Rivendells are exactly the bikes that interest me and fill my
needs.  I have been one of the constant search but that seems far less
important now.  Time to ride, time to explore, time to be more the rider
than the never quite satisfied.

That said, my incredibly poorly timed good sense and austerity cost me $$
when the deal on Sam's and Cheviots appeared!  Seems that stubbornness cost
me but at least it is all going to a good cause, something I want more of
and for it to succeed.

Bob Lovejoy
Galesburg, IL