A tire that comes to mind (though I haven't tried it) "for longer
rides where I am carrying my panniers to go camping, but only on
groomed mixed terrain, dirt roads etc." is the 650B 42mm Grand Bois
Hetre. And there is nothing like it in 700C. I'd throw some of those
on the Bomba and see how that works for your intended purpose. Given
your requirements, the Hetre sounds like the perfect tire, which means
sticking with 650B. :)

Gernot