So, I've reasoned with myself to a N = 3 equation. One bike on the trainer,
one bike to commute on, one bike for weekend riding. Who wants to mess with
fenders and dirt when swapping wheels constantly or moving the bike on/off
the trainer?.. Patrick's reasoning for having at least two bikes, in case
one needs repairs is something I've certainly dealt with, when I wasn't
able to drive.

Get the Joe Appa – with your proportions requiring a 55 seat tube but a 57
top tube, it seems you could do really well setting up that bike with drop
or dirt drop bars. And if you set it up with flats / bullmoose / jones /
swept back bars, you can move the seat further back without detriment –
very long chainstays will help maintain good balance. Plus, you can set it
up with whatever tires you want, for an easy grab-n-go.

(If I get off my duff to declutter my bike parts and bikes, I just might
get something like that – the "paved" and gravel roads around here aren't
getting any better. The only question is about sizing – I prefer drop bars
on my bikes, but tend to need shorter TTs, so we'll see.)

- Max in A2