Thanks Phil
I'm glad to hear first hand experience.
I don't typically ride in a manner where I'm trying to keep a constant
cadence...I feel like I can make adjustments when approaching a climb.
 Your feedback is very helpful nonetheless.
I does make me curious what others may think is the ideal spacing between
cogs when climbing and shifting down while attempting to maintain a
somewhat constant cadence.

Also, if I go to a 10 speed Sunrace (or other) I'd at least have to get a
new chain and potentially derailleur ..so getting a few more teeth in the
back might not be worth it to me.
Love the idea of gaining a 40 low end and keeping everything else the same.

Jason