The Legolas name is owned by the family of the author of Lord of the
Rings.  They don't allow Rivendell to promote bikes with names taken from
LotR.  That's part of the reason you don't see Legolas, Bombadil or
Quickbeam anywhere prominent in Riv communication.

This bike was not replaced in the Riv lineup.  The Legolas is a pure
cyclocross racing bike.  There is no cyclocross racing bike in the normal
Rivendell lineup.  I think of this bike as being Mark A's bike.  Mark A is
a cyclocross racer, and this is his bike, in my mind.  Mark was really
happy that I got one, and that I'm going to use it for stripped down short
fast dirt rides, like a cyclocross race.  It could be a gravel racer as
well, but it's a race bike.  It is not an all rounder.  It is not a country
bike.  It is not a touring bike.  It's a racing bike.

Bill