50 psi in tubes with sealant has worked very well for me, better with
Orange Seal, even, than with Stan's, so I can't add anything useful to your
conundrum.

In many thousands of miles of tubeless and sealant (Stan's, later OS) I've
had 1 puncture that Orange Seal could not seal securely; this was caused I
think by a sharp pebble, and resulted in a hole that was certainly larger
than a goathead prick, but also certainly less than 2 mm in diameter. When
it happened, the Furious Fred had less than 25 psi in it, and pumping and
spinning sealed it after several "pump 'n' spin" cycles -- I lost a lot of
OS and added more when I got home. But a few weeks later, when, for some
reason I forget, I pumped the tire to 35 psi, it blew out in a gusher of
fluid after I had ridden no more than 1 mile.

This was in a tire that had over 2K miles in it using sealant, so a skin
had plenty of time to form.

FWIW, there are plug kits made for such bicycle tubeless tire punctures,
similar to those for car tires. I keep one in my Matthews's kitbag, though
I've not so far used it.

On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 9:58 AM, 'Tim' via RBW Owners Bunch <
rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Patrick, I was running around 50-55 psi in the tube. The puncture happened
> while on chip seal. The Hilsen is now re-imagined as a fenderless, mixed
> terrain bike now with the Snoqualmies (which, incidentally, fit by just a
> tiny hair, maybe 2mm, and an out of true wheel will bring me to a grinding
> halt.) I've got Velocity Synergy wheels so not sure if they're tubeless
> compatible. On another note, about the lower pressures needed for tubeless,
> I think I've decided that it is my weight (230 +/-) combined with my
> propensity to run my Compass at the lowest possible pressure, that has
> caused me so much grief with worn out sidewalls, so I think for now I'm
> going to run a bit more pressure than in the past. I may get more wear that
> way (rear Babyshoe Pass on the MAP lasted about 1500 miles before sidewall
> cut appeared.) Hopefully I can get the sealant thing dialed in and learn to
> love it.

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, New Mexico, Etats Unis d'Amerique