The first bike of the modern age I bought bore two old skool prophylactics on
the tubs: thorn scrapers resting gently on the surfaces of the tire treads.
Because it is the second and subsequent rotation of the tire that is mostly
responsive for driving the point of the glass or goathead in, flicking them off
stops most punctures from developing.
They used to mount to the fork brake bolts. I see a patent illustration in
which they are mounted with adhesive to the frame.