Your set up is great Bill. Gawd I love those Beckman's. I have a pair of
NOS fronts a friend sold to me when he lucked upon a practically unused
Bruce Gordon tourer from the early 90's.

I'm going with front panniers also. But they'll be mounted high which helps
a bit in the pushing department. My main concern was manhandling a heavy
front load on steep jeep roads or single track. Or deep sand. Here's the
Master at work. Ian Hibell:

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-1_Y77AI0OTA/WwuGy6t67SI/AAAAAAAAA3c/TLxjfNmdLRQw098DKgXabL4VZyqXb6mUQCLcBGAs/s1600/The%2BMaster%2BAt%2BWork.jpg>

 So look at everything and ask Do I need it? and Is there someway I can
lighten it? Ounces add up to pounds. And keep the light stuff up front.
It's less wearing on you. And hope you don't come across a road like the
one in your left hand photo. That's ugly.

Craig in Tucson