It just occurred to me that the "long" chainstays on my Bombadill may be
the reason that it was 40% off as a web special/garage sale item. I had
been thinking about a Hunqapillar as Rivendell had told me I was too heavy
for an Atlantis as a touring bike and suggested the Hunqapillar. I saw the
Bombadil frame for sale back on Thanksgiving Day 2014 for less than the
Hunqapillar and it was my size so I jumped at the chance. Riv later said it
had been built for someone else who refused it for some reason. It was a
brand new unblemished frame, so I have always been puzzled about it. Now,
given the passion that I see some people have over chainstay length, it
begins to make sense.

Laing