FYI, for anyone planning to ride various sections of the GDMBR, an email I just
received from Adventure Cycling (and how thoughtful they emailed just because I
bought the map in the last year or so):

***
I’m reaching out to you because you purchased a Great Divide Mountain Bike
Route map or data in the last year. I suspect you may be on the road now or
soon. I wanted to make sure you were aware of some closures on the main GDMBR
that will require you to use alternate routes to continue on your way.

This is what we know as of July 6, 2018:

GDMBR Section 2, Map A: A road 26 miles south of Helena is closed due hazardous
tree mitigation. You must use the Boulder Alternate.

GDMBR Section 3, Map A: A portion of FR 532, 46 miles east of Moran, is closed
due to slumping. You must use the Wind River Alternate. Potentially Brooks Lake
Rd., just east of Togwotee Pass, may be closed for the same reason requiring
you to continue on US 26/287.

GDMBR Section 5, Maps B & C: Extreme heat and lack of precipitation have led to
high fire danger in the Santa Fe and Carson National Forests. At this time,
they are closed. A detour is required. A shuttle is available to get around
part of it.

For more information on each of these situations, visit our Temporary ACA Route
Road Closure Forum discussion at: advcy.link/tempclosforum

All map sections: You may encounter smoky conditions throughout the summer
anywhere on the route. At those times you may wish to reroute to avoid it from
time to time. Road closures may also occur to accommodate emergency vehicles.
You can view our interactive map showing the GDMBR and active fire locations
together at: http://advcy.link/interactivefire
***