Hi Jim,
Before I traded away my Bosco bars one thing I did find that helped make them a
little more useful was to tilt them back/down a bit more and install some old
road brake hoods (with lever removed) at the outer curve, essentially creating
more of a ramp/hood position in front of the shifters.  this helped
stop/prevent sliding forward too far and created a more purposeful second grip
area.  I’ve seen some pics of others doing the same with those diacompe knob
grips.  I still found the 55cm a little too narrow and much prefer the wider
flare and backsweep of the 66cm Jones loop... which seems to be more consistent
with the other bars you are now considering vs Bosco.  But should you find
yourself going back to Bosco I thought I’d share that mod that worked well for
me despite the width issue.

Regarding the shifting... I have experienced some ghost shifts and other
finickiness with the stock Clem shifters but otherwise love the positioning and
placement so I’ve managed to accept it for now but I’ll also likely consider
moving to an indexed rear in the future if there is an indexed thumb shifter
that will mount on the existing pod so I’ll be curious what you end up changing
it to.
Best,
Brian Cole
Lawrenceville NJ