However, I'll say that every time i try something OTHER than the boscos
> (including and especially the billie), i realize how much I actually like
> the bosco, and end up putting it back on.

I'm on the same boat!

In last couple of months I have tried 4 other bars (some multiple times)
and settled back with 58cm Bosco.

Other than various Riv handlebars, I have also tried Jones and Open bar.
 Personally I like open bar better than Jones.

Bosco is now my everyday bar.  Will swap to open bar if any ride comes up
that'll involve a lot of rough patches.

I did not enjoy Boscos initially until I got the correct size stem (11cm
Tallux).   Somehow, the Ergon cork grip (which I had liked on all other
bars) does not work well with Bosco.  Round grips feel perfect for this
bar.

I'm guessing the stock Clem build is intended to make it a general
purpose/utility bike.  Stem length tweaks aside, Tallux/Bosco combo is
great for such bikes.  I remember reading Grant making an argument in favor
of quill stems.  He says that they are better at reducing vibrations.
IMO, considerable micro flexing is inherent in Tallux and Bosco designs.
 It is quite noticeable how much vibrations this combo absorbs.  With
Bosco, I do not feel any numbness in wrist after full day's ride.   Of
course, the downside of flexiness is that they are not suitable for rough
tracks.