Patrick,

Besides what Patrick suggested of strapping stuff on top, the Sackville bags
allow for expandability with their inner flap and extra long straps, so only
the sides would be exposed with really large loads. I’m sure you could carry a
few bags of cheese puffs! ;-)

I’ve never used the Fabios chest bag, but it looks like it’s expandable by
rolling up the top, so you would have the top of your load exposed. If you want
to fit the volume you mention and have it covered and tucked in nicely, you
would have to look for a another bag instead.

Looking at both websites, not only is the Sackville more stylish and better
quality but cheaper, too!

-Ana