I know this is contrarian to group sentiment, but yes, how do you botch a
custom?  And it goes part and parcel with them periodically finding NOS bikes
and parts in storage.  I currently own three Rivs, have sold two, bought even
more than the sum of the frames in parts from them, and have contributed to
financial bailouts.  Seeing this is disappointing as a someone who wants them
to succeed but discourages me from financial support beyond buying what I need
or want.