Woo, that was a fascinating read on black ice. That author was talented - I had
to skip ahead and find out what would happen to his daughter.

I looked at my fender and rack and realized they required hex keys, which I
love. I got so far as to get the fender nearly off and realized there is a bolt
that would necessitate removing the rear wheel. I don’t like taking off wheels;
I don’t really understand how to know that they are securely seated again
and....some other stuff. I started at that tight space, wishing I had a shorter
hex key. I finally realized if I flatted my own tire I just may have enough
room to maneuver my key. It worked!

I won’t need my rear rack because I won’t be hauling the boys’s stuff to school
- we got word today no school until middle of April. So, I’m riding around with
one front fender and one front rack and the back end is looking naked and
unbalanced but at least I don’t have to worry about wiggly fenders. Now, I’ll
wait for the parts to arrive.