I had a Cheviot for a brief spell. I found it actually felt surprisingly
lively. Maybe it was the 0/0/0 top tube allowing it to plane :)

Rereading my old post
<https://bikingtoplay.blogspot.com/2015/09/so-i-bought-rivendell.html>, I'm
reminded how terrible those long reach brakes are. They flex so much I had
to move the pad down in the slot so it wouldn't ride up and hit the tire.
I've had other experiences with these brakes, and they're especially bad in
the wet. Maybe it's OK for Leah in Nevada. Or maybe they can be made better
with better pads and careful setup. But V brakes would make it a better
bike.

Eric
Plain City, OH