"Unfortunately the step through is really step over."

The first time I tried the mixte She Devil, my left foot was on the pedal, I
pushed off with my right foot and rather than swinging my leg over the saddle
(a big reason I wanted a mixte is to not have to do that) while in motion, I
tried putting it over the top tube.  I nearly fell over as my foot caught the
top of the sloping top bar.

That is why I now call mixtes "trip throughs."

Roberta