The Soma stem worked with the steel Bosco, which has a sleeve (judging by
the catalogue photo), and the aluminum Bosco worked fine with the Tech
Deluxe; so it looks as if tiny manufacturing variations just cause
sufficient mismatch between this particular stem and this particular bar. I
agree that if all is as it should be with stem and bar, the bar should not
creak in the stem clamp, and that well-matched bar and stem don't require
lubrication to keep them quient, but I suppose that there are always chance
variations that on occasion can add up to a de facto mis-match.

Me, I'd look for another stem or another bar, but I realize that this is
not a solution that will appeal to everyone. Perhaps in this case the extra
weight of the steel Bosco will be preferable to the creak? What is the
difference in weight, anyway?

I'll be curious to hear of the resolution.