I believe the situation is this, based on information I have: the steel bar fit
in both of her stems just fine, and is ever-so-slightly bigger in diameter than
her new alu Bosco, a phenomenon I also discovered whilst owning both bars.
They're both nominally 25.4, but one is more and one less.

What happened was Leah aka Bicycle Belle aka Lone Wolf Leah popped her
new/smaller bar in that stem and it slightly ovalized around its new smaller
host, creating a gap somewhere which the bar is responding to by ticking or
creaking as the two metals try to move around in that nearly invisible gap.
I've certainly seen this ovalizing before, but never had a noise problem with
it. For the moment the T9 seems to have filled that space and the noise is
gone. Yay!

Someone asked about the steel vs. aluminum Bosco. Her alu version is 52cm vs.
the steel 55.