I had some cork grips on a set of alba bars years ago but never liked them.
I found them too...delicate, I guess, and didn't really prefer the feel.

Now I'm using lock on grips in various colors and sizes from different
companies that I have accumulated over the years. My favorite are some Sram
grips that are larger in diameter than others and very comfy. Plus, it's
easy enough to change them out when I feel like it.