I would not say the cork grips add comfort.  In fact, I've found the "real"
cork ones to be less shaped and comfortable than the cheaper "chopped and
formed" ones than are available everywhere.  And I never ever ride them
without gloves for grip.

As others have said, ESI silicone grips and Oury (now in lock on version!!)
are my choices for comfort.  The cork is.... mostly for looks.