Just be careful of one thing.  DO NOT attempt to adjust fender line by pulling on the fender struts.

Yes, that's how you do it with plastic fenders.  Doing it with aluminum fenders is the kiss of death.

You adjust the fender line (i.e., the arc of the fender and how its curve matches up with the curve of the wheel) by spreading out or squeezing together the edges of the fender.  Pulling the edges out decreases the radius of the curve of the fender, while squeezing the edges together increases the radius.

I'm sure I'm belaboring what you've been told before, but there's a reason.   The right way with the plastic fenders most of us are most used to is the deadly wrong way with aluminum fenders.

As for "pilfering" ideas -- that's why they're put out there, so we can learn from them.   There's no :theft" here; not even "folk process."