>From your photo, it looks like you have a B-67 saddle (sprung, one clamping
rail, one support rail). If I’m wrong and you have one of the double
clamping rail saddles like the B-66, you’re using the wrong kind of seat
post. If it’s in fact a B-67, the seat post is correct, but the bolt is
wrong. It should be a hex/Allen head metric bolt with a washer, not
something with a nut. I suspect that the original bolt was lost and an
SAE/US bolt was forced/cross-threaded into the top of the clamp, with a nut
added to tighten it. I would only do that in an emergency where the only
bolt available was SAE and I was a long way from home, realizing that I’d
ruined my seat post and would need to replace it as soon as possible.
Either way, you should have a bicycle mechanic look at your bike and
install a new post that matches your seat design.