+1 for getting a well-reviewed new seatpost, like this one Rivendell sells;
well, they're out of stock, but the shorter version is available on Amazon
and eBay. (I think that the Ritchey post is the same thing as the Nitto
S65.)

Despite my natural talent for overtightening things (just snapped an
admittedly lightweight seatpost collar the other day) I've never broken one
of these. And grease the bolt before installation!

https://www.amazon.com/S65-NITTO-Seat-Post/dp/B004YA7DNE?th=1&psc=1

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/NITTO-67-28-6mm-Seat-Post-Vintage-MTB-Ritchey-SILVER-T3/254613513036?hash=item3b4825e34c:g:Dy4AAOSwIFJe1ABp