I too am glad you are safe and sound. I second Eric's wisdom, and add that
the super bright flashing day headlights that are more common overload my
bludgeoned brain, and end rides when I've been caught unawares ... not good
for people with neurological issues, and some of them may be driving
oncoming cars.

We are in a constantly escalating "safety" war where "science" studies show
that more sound/light/flash/spin attracts attention so is "safer." Now we
have regular business trucks and trash trucks flashing lights everywhere
they go, cyclists, and even some sirens on non-emergency vehicles, all of
which leads to greater distraction not greater safety. Also, everyone out
and about has a LOT on their mind right now and is very stressed,
complicating the assessment equation at every point of interaction.

With abandon,
Patrick