Tom, here's some shots of my new Coast rando. I really did extract and list
all the good things about my Rambouillet in my conversations with Johnny as
well as describe its shortcomings to my actual uses. Reality was really
important, you cannot have illusions of grandeur when planning a custom
bike. I'm not going to be cycle touring the Gavia. We have two college
graduates with us in quarantine, one we've been mentoring for four years
and is just starting her career, the other working to take a new direction
from what was lost to the pandemic, so I've got my non-vocational hands
busy without imagining myself out on the endless road.

I Provided Johnny comprehensive dimensions of my Rambouillet (with which he
was very familiar), as I have ridden it for years and video my wife took of
me riding it on level and uphill grades. I also provided specs on my
commuter (Disc Trucker) and my riding summaries of each bike. I shared that
my Carradice Nelson Longflap was my ideal volume luggage. All that along
with the 650B wheels (sweet spot for tubeless, cushy ride on rough
surfaces, wheels not noticeably resistant to accelerating) yielded his
solution.

Here's a link to a shared album of my bike and some of the influencing
process: https://photos.app.goo.gl/a3EPAQ4akrDqDGoF9

Andy Cheatham
Pittsburgh