Paul,

As for your question on Susie's turning characteristics given how far out
the front wheel is, I have not noticed any problem.  Generally it feels so
stable, I feel the bike is doing the steering for me.  If Elon Musk were to
market this bike, he'd definitely claim it came with autopilot feature :)

3-4 weeks ago I rode 100k with ~15 lbs weight in Wald's basket in the
front. One small issue I noticed happens at tight corners on trails.  It
requires a tad  bit more maneuvering effort  than regular (the 50cm MIT
Atlantis I had owned for instance) bikes.  It probably has more to do with
overall wheelbase than front-center or fork-rake.   That small
inconvenience gets you a ton extra ride comfort in return.  The extra bend
(or maybe the overall angle contributes too) in the fork makes it sort of
dance when you go over gravels and other road imperfections.  I think it
acts like a micro shock-absorber.  The feeling is simply delightful.  It
makes me often avoid the smooth side of the trail and ride on the bumpy
side, if available.

Cheers,
Ash