I was out today riding one of my usual routes. I had just gotten back on
the bike (my Bleriot) after stopping to adjust the angle of my Albatross
bars. I was pedaling and all of a sudden out of my mirror I saw some lights
flashing and I pulled over. I got off the bike as a very young officer
walked over to me. I asked him if I had done something wrong, maybe riding
to fast (yeah I know being a wiseass is not really a good things). He asked
me if I had just come from a street which was one I was actually heading
towards.. I told him no and explained where I had ridden. It seems some guy
asked a lady for directions, there mush have been more to it, he was on a
bike, and I fit the description I was told. I was wearing  a short sleeve
gray sweat shirts as it was an unusually chilly day today and a Rivendell
cycling cap from years ago. Another officer arrived smiling, he was the
officer in charge. I put up my hands and said it wasn't me and he started
to laugh.He explained to me they were looking for a guy in a gray members
only jacket and a baseball cap with dark hair, my hair is silver/white.

We talked for a few minutes, they apologized and I said no need. I went
back on my ride and now was on that street wondering if a woman would come
out of her house chasing me.

In a way I had a good laugh but I wonder what this guy did to make this
woman call the police. This was not my town but 2 towns away in CT while I
live in MA. So something was up.

So I wonder if any of you have ever been pulled over on your bike?

Joel